Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big news, snow days, and WIPs


Hello blogging world! I have been MIA lately because my mind has been elsewhere and the place my mind has been has made me super. duper. tired. I know many of you that read my blog also live nearby and we probably see each other pretty regularly, so you already know why. For my bloggie friends out in the world: Guess what! I'm pregnant! I am planning on posting some baby crafty goodness, but these first few months I have come home completely drained, so not too much has been going on other than napping. I am due in September and I am so excited!

I have my friend Jaime to thank for kick-starting my motivation again. I went over and helped (at least I hope I was helpful!) her put zippers in the cool doggie beds she made. It made me realize how much I miss my sewing and crocheting. I have so many projects that have been in my head for the last 3 months and I've done nothing on them! This is my first pregnancy, so all my info is second-hand from friends and books but from what I understand, now that I'm almost through my first trimester, my energy levels are supposed to be back up. I've pulled out my WIPs and even some projects that are still little ideas in my noggin.

Here's the list:

I *finally* wove in the ends of this scarf I started in December and have almost finished crocheting.


The laptop sleeve that is my sister's Christmas present is going to be cut out and sewn next.

The super cute birthday presents for my nieces (on Feb. 9 & 16) also need to be done soon. (See how behind I am?!?)

Today's project is a pillowcase for the body pillow I bought this afternoon. I have been having trouble getting comfy enough to sleep at night and I was told this will help. I found the pillow on sale, but the cover for it was just as much as the pillow - yeah, right! So, I just finished sewing it from some cute fabric from my stash! I also owe some of this motivation to this winter's billionth snow storm that kept us from school (again) and probably will tomorrow too. It means we will have to attend school on Saturday (boo!!) but hooray for getting back in crafty gear!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for babies! I love the fabric you chose for your pillowcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carmen! I have been waiting for the perfect project for it. Its been in the stash for a while... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope that the baby takes it easy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I know what you mean about being tired. It's rough, isn't it? I look forward to seeing your baby crafts.

    I say have your baby on September 18th, that's my birthday, haha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete