Saturday, July 31, 2010

Running Out of Time!!


So I finished up my two-week class yesterday and it was awesome! I'm so glad I took it, but now I have to go back to school in a week and a half - wait, WHAT?!!? Not only that, but I am 34 weeks along now and I have SO. MUCH. I still need/want to make for the baby! Where has the summer gone?!? So I need this week to be calm and relaxed. Too bad that's not gonna happen. We have appointments with 4 daycares, we need to make some with pediatricians, not to mention the OB, chiropractor and allergist. This week I am also helping interview for the interim music teacher who will be in charge of my kiddos when I'm out on maternity leave. Holy freaking crap I feel overwhelmed. I did manage to get a little progress made on my project list last week. I got my quilt sandwiched and pinned. I'm still trying to decide if I'm brave enough to try quilting it free-hand or if I'm going to go with straight lines. I also got a good start on my mei-tai carrier. Really, I think (hope) I'll finish it today. Next up is the diaper bag. Then the next quilt. Or maybe the stuff my husband wants me to make for him. We'll see who wins that one. :)


I also finally can post pics of the wedding presents that I made. Actually I could've done it several weeks ago, but I forgot... so here are the shopping bags I made for the newlyweds!


3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm running out of town - and I'm not having a baby! :)

    I LOVE the shopping bags. Very luck friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you go back in a week and a half? So do I! But I was out of school way before you... you got robbed of a summer!

    Your quilt sandwich looks great! I'm trying to decide between ordering a free motion foot for my current machine vs. buying a newer, nicer sewing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, these market bags are ADORABLE...if you don't mind, I am totally taking this idea for a wedding present (next time the occasion arises!) because I sure would have loved to have gotten some! (And, for the record, Carmen cracks me up! I personally hope she gets the new machine!)

    I'm deciding this weekend FOR SURE how to go forward with my quilt along quilt.....wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete