Monday, March 2, 2009

Now in progress...

So many things to talk about in my first posts! I promise I will not update this often in the future!! I mentioned in my previous post about crocheting on a bus to Atlanta with some middle school students. Well, I was nearly done with those 'shrooms when we started for the ATL, so I also started a new project on that trip. I am making a purse/bag and I am following a pattern from Crochet Today! only I am modifying it to my liking (as usual!). So I finished the 'bag' part of the purse during that trip (and the subsequent trip - the NEXT DAY with my hubby to see the opera - crazy I know, but so fun!). I need to add the handles and some way to close it. The pattern calls for a drawstring closure, which I do not like. I need a flap, or maybe a zipper. I will be making a liner for it, which will be my first, so why not my first zipper at the same time? Did I mention that I mostly crochet? I'm not so good a sewing... yet... I also have in my head my next project, which will be something special for my Starbucks co-workers...

Here is what I have so far...
I need to do something about the lighting or location for my future pics... these aren't so great...



This is done with ModaDea Tweedle Dee yarn in Blackberry - its dyed to give a shaded effect. I kind of pooched the sides out in this shot (above).



I pleated the side in for this shot... I think that is what I will do if I use the zipper closure idea...

1 comment:

  1. I love that gradient in the yarn. Gray rocks! Good luck on the zipper. :)

    ReplyDelete