Thursday, June 17, 2010

Quilt-A-Long: Week 2



I am really excited about the quilt-a-long I'm doing with my bloggy friends Carmen and Mia and my local friend Christine. We are on week 2: cutting the fabric. Christine came over today and we were the cutting queens! Two quilts cut out and ready to sew together! Yay!

Here is Christine's before pile:


And after:




Here is my before pile:


And after:



I'm excited to start piecing in together soon! The tutorial calls for a random selection, but since I only chose 5 fabrics instead of 10 (I strayed from the instructions) I am going to plan it out. I know, straying from the instructions again, but I think it will work better this way. Plus I like planning! :)

And, just as promised, here is the gift I made for the baby shower. It's a girl! I was so excited to get to make something super girly! There are two of each bib, so its a set of 6.




1 comment:

  1. You're fabric piles are beautiful! I've been out of town this week for work, but managed to pack my rotary cutter and a mat so I'll have something to report when I get back. I love the fabrics you chose. Isn't it so funny to think that wee stack of rectangles will be an entire quilt?

    ReplyDelete