Saturday, June 19, 2010

versatile blogger!

My friend, Jaime, gave me the "Versatile Blogger" award this week. I was (am) very flattered mostly because I think my blog is mainly me talking about why I'm so behind on my projects...
Maybe the versatility comes in other ways. :)

The rules upon receiving this award are simple. Thank the person who gave you the award, tell seven things about yourself and pass the award along to some bloggers you love. So.....

Thanks, Jaime! I really enjoy reading your blogs (all of them!) as well as having the pleasure to know you in real-life! For those of you who don't know, Jaime and I have been known to do some sewing together.... :)

Seven things about myself... here goes...

1. I am about to become a first-time mommy. I am so incredibly excited about it and simultaneously scared out of my mind. Its a good scared, though. I can't wait for the amazing challenge of parenthood!

2. One of the reasons I'm excited about being a parent is that I deal with approximately 750 elementary school students on a weekly basis in my job as a music teacher. Its the most amazing thing for someone to pay me money to have so much fun every day. I really love my job, even with the stress and frustration that comes with it. When you get a big hug from a child who tells you that they love coming to music class, its all worth it!

3. I have been posting a lot about sewing lately, but my first love is crochet. I miss it and I need to get myself back in some projects! I think I have been doing more sewing lately because you can finish a project so much faster. Who doesn't like instant (or at least faster) gratification? I have envisioned some projects for the baby (toys, blankets, hats) that need to come into reality. Its on my list...

4. I really like cleaning my bathroom. There is not much that is more satisfying to me than a freshly cleaned bathroom. Pretty much every other bathroom in the world grosses me out except for mine.

5. I drive a big pick-up truck and I love it. It doesn't get great gas mileage, but it can drive up a tree if I put in 4-wheel drive. I hope I never have to drive a car ever again. I. love. my. truck.

6. I sometimes let my imagination get the best of me. Its why I get freaked out when I'm home alone at night and why I can't swim anywhere I can't see the bottom - or swim at all really, since pools are gross.

7. Sometimes I really like to listen to rap music. Ludacris and Snoop Dogg are my favs and, yes, I can sing all the words. I don't only listen to rap though, I also am obsessed with Josh Ritter and I adore Chet Baker, Pearl Jam, Hank Williams, Sr. and Harry Connick, Jr. (and many, many other artists) but I thought the rap aspect of my musical tastes might surprise some people.... :)

Okay, so I hope that was interesting for at least one of you and that you learned something about me that you didn't already know. :)

I would like to send this Versatile Blogger award to:
Carmen @ seachell
Alice @ futuregirl
Michelle @ Dreams of Sewing Machines
Amy @ Amy Lives Her Life (I miss your bloggies - come back to us!!)
Michelle @ Coordinated Chaos

1 comment:

  1. I once had a truck - then I had a second kid and the truck had to go...

    I think that being around 750 elementary school kids would drive me potty. I'd imagine that that has prepared you for just about anything parenthood could throw at you, so I shouldn't worry too much about becoming a mum!

    ReplyDelete