Saturday, August 7, 2010

So close!!


Yesterday I finished quilting! I really was nearly finished the day of my last post - all except for the last little tiny section. I love how it turned out. I still know that my quilting needs practice, but its really not as bad as I thought it would be. All that's left is the binding and I need to pick a color for it. I would love some suggestions from you. I have been contemplating the pink from the birds - but would that be weird since only the bird fabric has pink in it? What about yellow? Or blue? See, I need help. Please let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great, Nancy! Deciding what color you want depends on how much you want the binding to stand out, I think. Blue would probably blend in because you have lots of blue blocks. Pink would definitely stand out because you'd have to look closely to see how it ties in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! If it were me, I'd use that pretty orange color from the polka dot blocks (or even that fabric itself). There seem to be fewer of those blocks, and it would give them some balance.
    I'm sure it'll be great whatever you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy! This is just fantastic! I completely love that your birds and paisleys and swirls and everything curl and move and dance!

    Wonderful!

    It's obvious that you'll choose the PERFECT finish color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon! I am so impressed with your quilting! I can't wait to see them all done. :)

    ReplyDelete