Saturday, May 16, 2009

How do they do it?


So here is my monthly blog post. I'm so dissapointed in myself. When I got started with this, it was supposed to help keep me on track with my projects, but it has seemed more like just one more thing to do. I already work two jobs - one of which is teaching, which is like working two jobs on its own - so one more thing to do is not a good thing. I keep making excuses for myself, like I my pictures aren't good enough (I really do wish I was better at that part - any tips, y'all?) or I haven't made enough progress to make a post. But really, that is why I should be posting - that is the part that will keep me on track. How do other bloggers do it? How do they keep up with their busy lives (because I'm not trying to say I'm busier than most people) and still find time to write blog posts regularly?

Here's what I thought of - if I make a schedule and I post on my schedule, even if I'm not that much farther along on my projects, then I'll feel better about it. Right? Or if I at least do two posts a month - that would be an improvement. I reckon this is easy for me to say since school is almost over. Ha! So here is my promise to myself - I *will* make another blog post before the month is out.

I am still working on that baby blanket (I really am almost finished!!) for my pregnant friend - only she's not pregnant anymore - she had the baby on May 8. Its okay, she'll still want the blanket. :)

2 comments:

  1. There was a time when I was having trouble posting and I picked the one day I knew I could post, Saturday morning, and I decided to write a post then, no matter what. The rest of the week I let life kick my ass, but Saturday morning I reserved a couple hours to write a craft blog post. That really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having the same problem. Between work and baby and occasionally wanting to have a conversation with my husband...figuring out when to blog has been tough - especially the last couple of weeks. I really like the "pick a day and stick with it" approach.

    ReplyDelete