Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yay for summer sewing!

Even though we have a teacher workday tomorrow, this weekend has felt like summer vacation already! I got all my normal weekly cleaning done yesterday so today I GOT TO SEW!!! I think most of you who read my blog know how good that felt! I am working on a quilt for cousin Jack and it is going to be great! I am using the stacked coin tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop - yum. I cut my own coins, however, rather than use a charm pack. Even though I didn't have the easy "chop the coins in half" step, this quilt is a breeze and I love the way it looks! I bought this fabric (Shade Garden by Michelle Engel Bencsko in the blue colorway) for a quilt for Ruffin last summer, but that never materialized (big surprise). So when I found out that Jack was having a "seaside" theme for his nursery, I knew that this fabric would be great. I remembered that there was another rose colorway that would make a perfect beach mix! I think the blues and greens are ocean-like, the yellows are the sand and the pinks are reminiscent of seashells (Carmen, I totally just typed "seaschell" haha). All of that beach aura without pictures of the beach - I like it! What do you think?

Coin strips sewn and pressed!
I hate all the pressing, but I love, love the way it looks when its done!

No comments:

Post a Comment