Thursday, January 26, 2012

Twirly Scarf Tutorial

As promised, here is how I made the fun, twirly scarf! I used worsted weight yarn (Vanna's Choice for the Christmas scarf and Wool-Ease for the one in this post) and a size J hook. Any yarn will do - the bulkier the yarn, though, the bulkier your scarf will be and the twirliness (pretty sure I just made that up) kind of bulks it up already, so be careful. A different yarn may also require a different hook size.

  • Chain (about) 200 (or however long you want your scarf to be). Turn and single crochet (sc) in 2nd chain from hook and in each remaining chain across. OR Foundation Single Crochet (about) 200 stitches (or however long you want your scarf to be). I used futuregirl's awesome tutorial when I was learning how.
  • Chain 2 and turn. Double crochet (dc) in first stitch. 2 dc in each remaining stitch across.
  • Chain 2 and turn. Dc in first stitch. 2 dc in each remaining stitch across. Fasten off and weave in ends.

I told you it was easy! There are some variations you could do for fun, like change colors on the rows for some cute stripes, or add a row of sc of a contrasting color. I made this one last night in about 2.5 hours. Have fun making yours!!

pic

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm gonna have to try this...My brain can't seem to wrap itself around the instructions to create a valid pictorial step by step in my head. I just can't seem to reason out how it makes it twirl. Guess I'm gonna have to break out a hook. <>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm it would probably help if the picture was there... I just noticed that it wasn't. I will fix that!

      Delete